Sunday, October 7, 2012

Collabortion and Laura's Class Blog

Laura and I met with Marge and Crystal for our planning half day on September 26th. Through this collaboration I think we generated far more ideas then we might have individually.   I marvelled at everyone's input and felt we made a lot of progress so that Laura and Crystal could get started teaching the unit.  I'm looking forward to seeing how the two classes compare as we go along.  I was reminded again of how much time is needed to do this inquiry planning.

Laura has created a class blog which her students have posted to about what they have been doing in Social Studies.  This has helped me stay on top of what they are doing and thinking and through my posts I can be a part of their learning even though I have been unable physically to be in their class yet.  I think the blog will be an excellent way to monitor their understandings and a way to stimulate new thinking.  I think we may be able to use it as a tool for some assessment as well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment